29 April 2010

patti austin: a doze of solace

i just got home from zendra's check up. i didn't bring with me the stroller, 'coz it's too heavy for me to carry when travelling. it's not easy to pull it up when you're alone in the tram. the tram's stairs were too high. i just carry my daughter with me on the way to the hospital. it's the going back home that's tiring. i was carrying along a plastic bag of groceries on my left and zendra fell asleep in my right arms. whew! i'm sweating under the sun.

anyway, i got home finally! i can't feel my arms. gosh she's too heavy now. first thing i did is to turn the radio on. yeah,i need some music!

"....although music is sweet,
but the song's incomplete..
now in my life...
boy in my life..
something is missing...
it's the truth,
yes, it's true..
still there's no me and you,
here in my life..
boy in my life...
something is missing..."


wow, i'm in heaven hearing patti austin's in my life song! i came to know her music when i was in freshmen years in high school. i love her type of music: r & b, soul/jazz...sarap pakinggan! (nice to hear)





patti was born on august 10, 1948 in new york, new york

Selected discography

  • End of a Rainbow, CTI, 1976.
  • Havana Candy, CTI, 1977.
  • Live at the Bottom Line, Epic, 1979.
  • Body Language, CTI, 1980.
  • Every Home Should Have One, Qwest, 1981.
  • In My Life, CTI, 1983.
  • Patti Austin, Qwest, 1984.
  • Gettin' Away with Murder, Qwest, 1985.
  • The Real Me, Qwest, 1988.
  • Love Is Gonna Getcha, GRP, 1990.
  • Carry On, GRP, 1991.
  • Live, GRP, 1992.
  • That Secret Place, GRP, 1994.
  • In and Out of Love, Concord Jazz, 1998.
  • Street of Dreams, Intersound, 1999.
...

here's the in my life song grabbed in youtube.

No comments: