30 July 2010
what's new on facebook?
the facebook stories application is something interesting. it allows the users to share their stories in which facebook has been a part of it.
as one of the 500 million users of FB, personally, facebook helped me out in reconnecting with my friends, 30-20 years back. amazing how one can be at the other side of the world, talking to the other side, just like old times! facebook is not only fun, but it also helps a lot of people.
i grabbed 5 stories from Facebook stories randomly. here are they:
29 July 2010
American Bookstore is quite tempting in front of me when i got off the bus yesterday. I ended up buying Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman. I'm not a prolific reader when travelling (makes me dizzy sometimes). Surprisingly, i read almost half of the book @ the subway. the book's intriguing.
a glimpse of the first page.
--and some excerpts...
the question is, how could someone of such obvious intelligence do something so irrational-so downright dumb? the answer: academic intelligence has little to do with emotional life. the brightest among us can founder on the shoals of unbridled passions and unruly impulses; pepole with hig IQ's can be stunningly poor pilots of their private lives.
5 domains of emotional intelligence:
1. knowing one's emotions. self-awareness -- recognizing a feeling as it happens - is a keystone of emotional intelligence
2. managing emotions. handling feelings so they are appropriate is an ability that builds self-awareness.
3. motivating oneself. emotional self-control underlies accomplishment of every sort
4. recognizing emotions in others. empathy is the fundamental people skill.
5. handling relationships. the art of relationships is, in large part, skill in managing emotions in others.
i'm still reading the second half.
28 July 2010
▓▒▒▒▓░░░ █░█░█░░░░█░█░█░░░░░ ░▓▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░ ▓▒▒▒▓
▓▒▒▒▓░░░░░░░░T E E N A░░░░░░░░ ░▓▒▒▒▓
i wish i knew how to do this graphic stuffs.
the best technique i know is to copy and paste.