03 April 2010

natural highs

it's not that i have no big ideas right now what to write about. i was just inspired by my friend's blog: ripemango

lots of words are rushing thru my mind and i can't help but follow her theme. call me lack of originality this time, but i'll just pretend she tagged me up. =)

since i can't count every little things that amazes me nor even be precise of the many breath taking moments, i will just state some of my natural highs that can't be bought or sold. there's no particular ranking here. first thought, first written..whatever comes to my mind.

1. laughing so hard 'til my face hurts while playing with my kids. their laughters are enough to make me feel high.

2. listening (and singing along) to old love songs while ironing clothes or doing something. it makes me fall in love over and over again.

3. finding an intact 10 euro bill in my jeans' pocket even after being washed. sometimes i forgot to check pockets before laundry.

4. having friend requests at facebook from distant relatives or friends i never heard for decades.

5. waking up and realizing i'm beside someone who dearly loves me. silently thanking god for giving me my hub who'll hold my hands 'til i grow old.

6. accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about me.

7. hot capuccino, fior de latte ice cream, spaghettini allo pesto and pizza margherita.

8. making hot cakes and eating them. i'm the only hot cake fan at home.

9. running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.

10. watching the sunset and be amazed of the sky's colors.

11. knowing that somebody misses me.

12. eating snickers chocolate.

13. blogging and reading blogs.

14. finishing a film or a late tv show. lot of times my hub automatically turn off the tv 'coz i'm already asleep.

15. emptying the bin of clothes to iron.

16. capturing on camera some great moments of my kids. when they grow old, they will thank me for those.

17. finishing an italian book and learning more italian words.

18. having a 6-hour sleep at night. i usually sleep 4-5 hours. zendra's the culprit.

19. smiling (like a crazy one) when i remember something sweet or funny.

20. being proud of my son CJ's shoelace band everytime they win band competitions.


21. inspiring words like these echoing in my ears. "Live simply that others might simply live."~Elizabeth Seaton

No comments: