01 May 2010

May One: act two: pinoy snacks

it's almost a pinoy na pinoy day for me. i wake up 6:30am, watched the news. around 7am i cooked breakfast. "sotanghon soup" and "Maling hams".

in between household chores, i had the luxury to eat "ampaw" (rice pops). it's been ages since i last tasted this one. back in my hometown, it's in round form. anyway, it does tastes the same. i don't care if these are square. kids didn't like it.


later after dinner, hub and i ate "balut" (a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eated in the shell). i bought it 3 pcs. for 5euro!


i only ate one, hub had the other two. my son Jaki was so curious about the egg. i let him taste the yellow part, and he said "bwaaah" (yucks). he even took picture of me with my cellfone, and watched me eat the embryo.



well then. i guess i'll be counting weeks in tasting again these yummy pinoy foods. cost too much, yah know!

No comments: